Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Today's Readings

I'm not going to lie.  I'm far behind on my PD reading from Twitter lately.  Here are a few of the things I've been able to chip away at.

I love thinglink.  Here is a best practice guide from Google Docs on some really cool uses for it.  With every student having a laptop and internet connection, just think of the assignments possible!

****

I love infographs.  And this one is most interesting.



****

This will come in handy for us all next year: Creativity in the Digital Classroom: Over 40 Resources.

What I love so much about Twitter as a PD tool is that in the ten minutes I've been looking at this resource, I've come across three sites (Scratch, Jellycam, and Xmind) which could become every day tools in my classroom.

Amazing and inspiring.  What a great age to be a teacher!

****

And if you have ever been in my classes or read this blog at all, you know how much I try to use cell phones as learning tools in class.  Here is al ink to the 12 Most Useful Ways Kids Can Learn With Cell Phones.

Now why wouldn't digital classroom teachers take this list and have students choose one of the 12 ways and then task them with modeling that for the class or improving an existing lesson by using their cell phone or present a lesson to the class on how to use their cell phone to learn more efficiently?

****

If you're a geek like me and you're looking for some interesting viewing, here is a link to the Top 10 Best Presentations Ever.



No comments: