Monday, March 19, 2018

Teaching Tip #125


Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #125


#3 – Celebrate Success

Often times we only focus on our failures.  Take a moment – even if it is just with yourself – and celebrate when things go right.

I have a close group of friends at LHS who often share their successes with me, whether it’s a note a student shared or something a parent sent them.  I offer my support.

I do the same with them when this happens to me.

These are the moments that sustain us through all of the negatives we encounter.

It doesn't matter how small or large. Celebrate the moments of success. Here is the latest celebration I had.



Claire, obviously a former student, is off to college in Wisconsin.  She took the time out of her day to send me this text.  The fact that she went out of her way to remember an old teacher, makes my day.  The fact, that she remembers what we read way back in College Comp makes my day.  And the fact that she was able to show off all that she learned when we read those stories also makes my day.  This is why I love my job.




No comments: