Monday, September 25, 2017

Teaching Tip #18


Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #18



  1. Looking at Data Together

I always promise to do this more, and I don’t.  I fail at this.  I have grand plans to enter my CC theme scores into a spread sheet document and then create bars and graphs to show up in front of my class to highlight their overall scores and even break the theme rubric down by category (for example, to show how the class did – overall – when it came to format and mechanics and voice/style).

I think this would be powerful.  In fact, I think the author hits the nail on the head with this line – “Don’t make data the enemy. Instead, try to use it for what it’s worth and make it a collaborative learning experience.”

I just have to do it.  

How do you use data with your classes?


No comments: