Thursday, March 23, 2017

Teaching Tip #136


Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #136
The Immigrant Edge – This one should get Trump’s blood boiling
Brian Buffini, an incredible successful Irish immigrant, was featured on the Entreleadership podcast.  In the interview, he shared the seven traits that make immigrants – often – so much more successful than Americans residents.
How can we teach these in our classes?
Trait #4 – Develop a spirit of gratitude
How can’t we be grateful?  Every year I write my seniors personal letters for graduation.  I tell them three things – what I will always remember about them; advice I have for them; and their linchpin ability.  I am always humbled when I get their thanks you’s.  I feel like I have to write them a thank you for their thank you’s.  That’s gratitude.

No comments: