Thursday, February 04, 2016

Teaching Tip #97



Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #97

My dream assignment: shadow a student (maybe two) for a day.  This article gave me that idea.  What an eye opening experience this would be.

I know I’m guilty of not seeing the whole experience of what it means to be a student.

After all, my day is just three blocks all in my room.

What would i learn as I followed one of my students to their math class?  Then followed them to my class and then had lunch with them (and having to either eat the school food or rushing madly to one of the fast food places in town).  What would I learn as I followed them to their history class and then ending the day with science?

I bet I’d be damn worn out.  Oh yeah, to make it even better, I could follow them to practice or work.

I don’t think their life is harder than mine.  That’s not the issue.  The issue is simply trying to understand all of the other stuff the student goes through.

I think this would give me a much better perspective.

No comments: