Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Teaching Tip #22



Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #22
Who wants to be just a teacher when you could be a chief inspiration officer?

And I thought I coined that term a couple of years ago!  Ha ha.  This article hit upon it all the way back in 2008!

Who wouldn't get fired up with this man as your teacher?




He is a chief inspiration officer. I'm convinced so much of what we do is more than our subjects. After all, do you recall a specific unit from all of your years in school? Or do you recall the way a teacher encouraged or motivated you?

Luckily, for me, the two units I remember most (a mock - "To Tell the Truth" unit in sixth grade and our short story unit in 9th grade English) are also from the two teacher who were - without a doubt - chief inspiration officers - Mr. Mueller and Mrs. Christianson.

Yes, it's vital to teach skills and broaden minds, but it's just as important to inspire our students too.

No comments: