Thursday, November 21, 2013

To be a child again




Cash has a new way of showing his anger now.  Whenever he is particularly mad at me, usually in the mornings, he hurls the worst thing (at least in his little 3 year old world) possible at me: "Dad, I'm not going to get you an Iron Man toy for your birthday!"

Ha ha.  Oh to be so innocent that not getting a toy for your birthday is the worst thing imaginable.

However, when I know I'm back in his good graces, he tells me, "Dad, I'm going to get you some Legos for your birthday."

When I hear that, I know I must be doing something right.

Another big deal in Cash's world is, of course, his blanket.  Which is literally in tatters.  So whenever I put him in bed, I add an extra blanket on top of him.

Cash is most opposed to this.

I was showering this morning only to have the door burst open and Cash stomp in.  "Dad, you put that other blanket on me!" he declared pointing his finger at me.

"Sorry," I said as I tried to rub the shampoo from my eyes.  "I didn't want you to get cold."

I thought I'd reason with him.

But he stomped out and from the doorway I head him declare, "I'm not going to get you an Iron Man toy for your birthday, Dad!"

No comments: