Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Today's Stupid

Parents who don't seek medical help for their kids, instead praying, get the stupid award for today.

I'm not against prayer at all.  I do it daily (actually nightly), and I have great respect for my sister (a devout Catholic) who is the best person I know -  and her family - and I'm blown away by a new leadership podcast that is Bible based, so I'm not bashing religion at all or the pious.

I'm just bashing people who don't seek help for easily treatable diseases.  Who is to say that God isn't working through the doctors and scientists who create the procedures and cures?

This story is just tragic, more so because it could so easily have been avoided.  You want to condemn yourself or another adult to death? Okay.  But not a child or young adult.

No comments: