Monday, November 09, 2009

Edgar Allan Poe iMovies '09

I almost didn't do my Edgar Allan Poe iMovie project this year. We had read The Jungle earlier in the year and we are kind of cramped for time. I didn't know if I could afford to spend a week on this project.

In the end, I decided to give it a try.

Boy, am I glad I did. The trailers turned out to be phenomenal. They are the best yet. And I have had some really good ones. If I get permission, I'll see if I can post a few here.

One of my favorites included a group of guys - characters and hams one and all - who borrowed the video cam from the library and actually filmed their version of "The Tell Tale Heart." It was hilarious.

Much better than just a fill in the bubble final test!

Now on to The Crucible and then Fahrenheit 451.

Before this semester is all over, my Lit & Lang 11 class will have read The Jungle, The Crucible, Fahrenheit 451, and To Kill a Mockingbird. It doesn't seem like much, but that is the most I've had a class accomplish. And that doesn't take into account the short stories and poems and the essays we write for each of these.

No comments: