Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thanks Kenzie!

When I picked Kenzie up from daycare on Wednesday, she spit up a little bit as I strapped her into her car seat.

That was just the beginning.

Later that evening she stopped spinning up and began vomiting.

The poor little thing. It broke my heart. Of course, I was ready to take her into the emergency room. However, Kristie, who was not at home at the time, reassured me that she had been through this twice before and it was nothing to worry about as long as Kenzie was not lying down. Just keep an eye on her and clean her up.

But poor Kenzie. At one point, after throwing up twice already - and having two baths - she began throwing up yet again. I ran her to the bathroom and up came her lunch and into the bath tub it went. However, in between bouts of vomiting, little Kenzie would look up at me and smile! What a trooper.

Eventually, Kenzie pulled out of it - though she also had diarrhea instead of the vomiting. But she was able to hold down some food at least.

Then on Friday around noon her flu hit me! I had her same symptoms - just in the opposite order.

I did not know if I'd make it through the last block of the day. Fortunately, my room is one down from the bathroom, so I was able to suffer through. However, when I made it home things took a turn for the worse.

I tried to hold off on the vomiting. Is there anything worse than vomiting? But that eventually struck too. I just kept thinking if Kenzie can keep a smile on her face through all of this, so can I! After about 12 hours of sleep, I'm getting back to normal.

Kristie did mention, though, that strep is going around the day care. Joy oh Joy!

No comments: