Monday, March 23, 2009

The toughest day of all.

Kristie and I dropped Kenzie off at daycare today.

A few weeks ago when Kristie mentioned sending Kenzie to Small Word (our daycare provider), I actually teared up. I just had this picture of our little girl looking back at us as we handed her off to relative strangers for the day.

However, I am happy to report that the exact opposite occurred. Once we brought her in, she actually reached for one of the daycare providers. She held her while she filled Kristie and I in on what her day would be like and what we could expect to happen. The little turkey didn’t fret at all and she seemed to be right at home there.

They even told us that we could call anytime to check on her. Kristie made it all the way to about ten. I called her to see how things were going – and she was on the phone with the Small World! I guess I wasn’t any better.

I was, though, relieved to hear that everything was going well and Kenzie had even taken a bit of a nap.

Now, three o’clock can’t get here fast enough for me. Since I get to pick her up!

****

Saturday, Kristie had a much needed ‘day off’ and went over to GF for some shopping with Tricia.

I stayed home with Kenzie, for a much needed ‘daddy and daughter day.’

For lunch, Kenzie and I sat down for some chili. Don’t worry! I only gave her some buttered bread and apple juice. The chili was for me.

However, as I fed her, I thought I felt some sharp little teeth in her mouth. Sure enough, two teeth have poked through on her bottom gums.

****

No comments: