Monday, September 01, 2008

Getting really ready

Speaking of getting ready, Kristie is just about ready for Kenzie to be free. She is very tired of being out and having people stare at her belly. Saturday we were in Target waiting for Gail. We were standing at the end of the tills and out of the way. A couple of ladies were walking toward us, and I attempted to move out of their way. Kristie, who tires of my passivity, said, "We are not in their way. There is plenty of room to go around."

One of the ladies must have heard Kristie, for as they walked by, Kristie saw one say something to her friend, who turned and looked at Kristie and said, "Oh my!"

Kristie smiled a broad smile at them and said under her breath, "Oh that's nice. Talk about a pregnant lady!"

Last week we had one of our last visits to the doctor. He wanted to check the baby's position. As he did so, I saw Kristie grimace. Later I asked her how it went.

She replied, "Well, let me stick a couple fingers up your rectum to check your tonsils and you tell me how it feels."

I couldn't argue with that. I could only grimace.

No comments: