Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Teaching Tip #163


Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #163

It’s what we all do when no one is watching that really counts.  And sometimes it’s what we do that we don’t even remember that makes a huge difference in the lives of our students.  

It’s What You Do When You Think No One Is Watching (final installment)
All of that came back to me in a second as I sat before Sam’s parents.
“Sammie couldn’t stop talking about that when he got home,” Steve said.  The pride was evident in every word. “It’s been hard for him not being able to play.  He was really down in the dumps. He didn’t know what he was going to do until you asked him to be your co offensive coordinator.”
“And wide receiver when necessary,” I added.
Steven laughed and Jennifer said, “We just want to that you.”
“Yeah,” Steven added.  “That one play made Sam’s entire year.”
And I had forgotten all about it until you reminded me of it just now, I thought.
Now, I try to notice every little thing I can.  It truly is the things you do when you think no one is watching that matter most.


No comments: