Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #139
This was aimed at beginning teachers, but can’t it apply to us all?
Commandment #8 – Have clear procedures for classroom behavior
This is a must for young teachers . . . even for veteran teachers.
And this is something I constantly struggle with.
I try to build our classroom procedures right in to our classroom culture.
Our classroom core values last year were –
1. Failure is essential and inevitable; the key is to learn from our failures.
2. Keep it simple, but make it significant.
3. Be open minded and explore new things: STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE
4. Respect ideas that aren't your own.
5. Take something new from class everyday.
These help guide us in our procedures and how we treat each other.