Friday, January 12, 2018

Teaching Tip #83


Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #83

One of the best summer reads for me last summer was George Corous’ The Innovator’s Mindset.  Throughout the book he has questions for discussion.  I’ll use some here for my teaching tips.

What is an example of a practice that you consider to be innovative? How is it new or better than what you did before?

For me, it's Google Drive and feedback for student writers.  This has transformed not only how I teach, but it has made me a far more effective teacher of writing for my College Comp one students.

Right now I'm home with my daughter who is ill, but I am still in contact with my College Comp class as they revise their literary analysis. Thanks to Google Drive.

Likewise, when students are struggle to come up with ideas for an essay, I can drop in on their document and give them ideas to get them started.

This has totally transformed how I teach writing.

No comments: