Thursday, December 14, 2017

Teaching Tip #69


Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #69

Here is an interesting approach to meetings or even to building lessons in class: always be capturing.

Not only do they give some great ways to capture ideas, but they also give the excellent advice: "if you can't capture it, stop talking."

If it's not vital and relevant to the lesson, why am I blathering?

Now I can see this being more important in a meeting setting where you should be laser focused.  But I like the free nature of a class period (especially when you're on the block) to veer and stray and make connections and associations that might prove relevant to what we're learning about with some more analysis.

But I love the idea of capturing the content we create (whether it be with iPhones, iPads, Google Docs, or Dropbox).  Then I'd add one more layer - publish it.  Push it out to a class blog, a class Twitter feed or Facebook page.


No comments: