Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Teaching Tip #15


Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #15

Don’t be afraid of Khan Academy.

I see they have tweaked their format quite a bit, now offering particularly tailored experiences to teachers and students and even parents.

For teachers, it allows us to set up our own classes (and even import our classes from Google Classroom. Sadly, I must confess I’m not proficient with Google Classroom yet, but I am going to make an effort to become so this year).

As I work with it and run through it, it occurs to me that this might be resource best used in math, science, and elementary school.

It has very little on the topics and books I teach.

How might you use Khan Academy or videos to supplement what the core knowledge in your class?

Bonus –

Here is a link to a TED Talk given by Salman Khan called “Let’s Use Video to Reinvent Education.”

And one more bonus – How can you NOT love the title of this TED Talk from Khan? – Let’s Teach for Mastery – Not Test Scores




No comments: