Friday, June 02, 2017

Teaching Tip #185




Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #185


Well, here it is. The final teaching tip of the 2016/17 school year. It's sad. But it's also time for me to start crafting the other 185 teaching tips for next year now! That's not sad at all!
Best professional development ideas over the summer.  Part 4
Youtube.
Whenever I have to drive anyway, such as last weekend when I drove to Bismark for a former student’s wedding, I turn on podcasts or audiobooks, and the miles speed by.  If I don’t have any luck with podcasts or audiobooks, I quickly turn to Youtube, for it is right with excellent things that make me a better teacher instantly.  Here are some of my favorites –
Stop Stealing Dreams by Seth Godin.
Embrace the Near Win – Sarah Lewis
And the classic (as if in the “if-you-haven’t-seen-it-have-you-been-living-under-a-rock vein) – Cane’s Arcade

No comments: