Friday, September 09, 2016

Teaching Tip #9




Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #9

How do you keep your passion up?

How to I keep my passion up #5: talking shop.  This is maybe the most prominent way I keep my passion up for teaching throughout the year.  This might be talking with Lisa or Kara out in the hall.  This might be talking teaching with Matt or Natasha on the way to a robotics competition.  This might be observing Coach Mumm and visiting with him after about his class.  Or this might be talking over an issue from class at lunch with Tom, Mariah, Jon, H, and Reid.


Don’t get me wrong.  I love hearing about how the Twins did or how the Vikings managed to lose.  I love hearing about the antics of our children.  But the thing that keeps me the most energetic is hearing what my colleagues are doing in their classes.

No comments: