Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Teaching Tip #145



Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #145
Now this is something we can learn from:  How to Engage Students in the First Few Minutes
I will be blunt here - when it comes to starting classes, I suck.  I suck terribly.  I’m not nearly organized enough.  I am usually running around trying to make last second copies.  Or even when I do get copies made ahead of time, I’m usually running around my room trying to locate the copies I did make!
So I can use all the help I can get in this area.
#1 - re-arrange the desks.
I like this idea.  I moved my desk part way through second semester.  My original idea was to move it around every couple of weeks.  But that didn’t exactly happen.  Okay.  It didn’t happen at all.

And I have tables in my room.  So re-arranging the desks won’t work.  But I can move the desks around at least to shake things up a little.

No comments: