Thursday, April 07, 2016

Teaching Tip #141




Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #141
The four skills innovative teachers need to thrive with millennials and in the digital age.
2.  You have to know how to get the most out of your students.
If you have this one figured out, let me know.  Please.
The only thing I know about this is that there isn’t one sure fire way to get the most out of every student.
I wish there was (or is it were?).  Instead, I try to find different way to motivate and inspire each student in a way that works for them.
Some need a lot of positive feedback.  Some respond best to a shout out on Twitter.  Some need more of a kick in the butt.   Others respond best to a meeting after class. Then there are those who need their hand held every single step of the way.  There are some who will only kick it into gear after I contact Mom and Dad.  There are some who will only get stuff in if I threaten to contact Mom and Dad and then, after they get their work in, I have to swear to them that I won’t call Mom and Dad.  There are others who are over achievers and don’t need any motivation from me.  They just want me to stay out of their way and answer their questions only when they have them.  And there are a select few who it simply doesn’t matter what I try . . . they see me as the enemy and school as the problem and there isn’t anything I can do.

No comments: