Monday, March 21, 2016

Teaching Tip #128



Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #128


Here is a very interesting read from one of my favorite bloggers (Life of an Educator) - 10 Pieces of Advice for new Teachers.


Here are the ten pieces of advice -


10. Take responsibility and ownership for sharpening your own saw.


This took me a long time to realize.  Now, I’m a personal growth junkie.  I don’t want to teach the same year 35 years in a row.  I want to teach next year with all of the skills I acquired in the previous 18 years at my disposal to make it the best of all those years.


The only way to do that is to keep reading and listening and growing.

Any teacher who isn’t learning and reading and growing should be ashamed of themselves, for they aren’t practicing what they preach.

No comments: