Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Teaching Tip #81



Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #81
Another digital resource that I cannot imagine teaching without are infographs.
Here is my page on Pinterest devoted to some of the best education related infographs I’ve come across.
What I love about having students create infographs (instead of just writing a paper) is that infographs are far more visually stimulating and more complex.
Plus, how many students are really ever going to have to write a research paper out in the real world?  Yet, how many students are going to be called upon to convince or persuade others agh work?  This is where I could see infographs being an excellent tool for our students.
Plus, with a little ingenuity, an info graph could be exported into thing link and then turned into a link, which means a student could display their infograph on the smart board and then tap the key parts and call up video or links.  How cool would that be?
Here are some of my favorite ways to create infographs
infogr.am

No comments: