Friday, December 18, 2015

Teaching Tip #71



Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #71

Use Padlet.

I couldn’t teach without it.

I use it in so many ways: brainstorming, lesson starters, quick writes, exit slips, homework assignments . . . the list is practically endless.

My favorite way to use it is when we read The Element by Ken Robinson.  The book focuses on the importance of creativity.

So I share a Padlet board with students and ask them to post two examples of creativity (of course, I practice what I preach (see Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #8) and put two examples of my own up there.

I give students a couple days to do this.  Then we will spend a day watching their examples.  Then I give each student a chance to explain or defend their selections.

It’s great.  Every student gets a chance to share and see what others think of their examples (remember, Padlet allows for students to embed video or images).

And best of all, I get to see examples of great images and videos that I never ever would have been able to find on my own.

Remember, your students know their way around Youtube the way we know our way around Wal-mart or Hugos.

I often will find videos that I can’t imagine ever not seeing and using in class (Caine’s Arcade is but one example of the ones I came across thanks to my students).

No comments: