Monday, December 14, 2015

Teaching Tip #67



Teacherscribe’s Teaching Tip #67

Do (some at least) the assignments with the students.

I don’t always write the essays with my students . . . I’d have no time to do anything else, like actually get papers graded.  But I do write some of the longer ones with them during the year.  Or I will write an intro to a paper or brainstorm an idea up in front of the class or I will share a frustration over a scene that I just can’t get right.

This shows them that I’m not one of those “do as I say, not as I do” teachers.  Students hate those types.

This sends the most vital message of all to the kids: hey, we’re in this together.

Plus, what a great way to help students with the assignment!    What a great way to model being a curious, life-long learner!

No comments: