Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer '15

Is already just about half over.  Once the Fourth of July rolls around . . . and the fair one week after that, summer is pretty much over.

I know there is all of August, especially for us teachers since Labor Day falls so late this year, but mentally once August rolls around, I'm all in for school.

This summer has been good.  Father's Day was great.  Early in the morning, we loaded the kids up and headed to GF where we took in Inside Out, which is amazing by the way.  Then we did a bit of shopping before heading home.

It was spent (for the most part) in the most enjoyable way possible: indoors!  Ha ha.  I'm a proud indoorsman (give me air conditioning, high speed wi fi, and my MacBook Air, a good book, my iPhone and I'm content).  It's not that I don't like the outdoors.  I have to endure them as I go from my car to the house.

Then we KoKo got back home from visiting Cody for a few days, she surprised me with more Father's Day gifts (one of KoKo's greatest virtues is that she is a great gift giver).  In her gift bag I found a wonderful Father's Day plaque for my desk, a Terminator skull (also for my desk), and the best present of all: an AJ Green jersey!


Forgive me. It's been a long time since I've had to strike a Heisman pose!

Summer has also been busy since most days I get the kids from Glenda's at 1:00 and spend the rest of the day being Mr. Dad, which includes going to parks, Scooby Doo or Monster High marathons, Legos, evening cruises, t-ball practice, and trips to the beach.

Cash has started t-ball.  He loves it.




But he loves talking to his coaches and cracking jokes more than he actually pays attention, but that's kind of what t-ball is all about.

Kenz continues to be Kenz.  She lost a tooth, loves t-ball, and since she is starting to read more fluently, is beginning to see words pop up all around her.  She was especially amazed to see our last name on a kitchen product.






"Dad!" she said. "Our last name is on here!  Why?"

I told her it was because I invented it.  Good thing she didn't see the "Trusted Since 1947" right below it.  Then I'd have to fess up and tell her that it was actually invented by my (much) older sister, Uncle Barb!

Cash continues to ham it up.  I swear we have a future comedian on our hands with this kid.



What really scares me, though, is just how quickly these two are growing up!  





No comments: