Friday, July 18, 2014

This is an amazing tool for presentations

Ever see those RSA Animate presentations?  Like this one on Steven Johnson's Where Good Ideas Come From?

 

Here is another one from Ken Robinson.




Well, I've been searching for awhile for an app to do this same thing for my presentations.  And now I've found it:  VideoScribe.

Here are two I've created using their free trial software.

This one is for one of my College Comp 2 assignments: the Sticky-Note Book Report.  This literally took me 15 minutes to put together, so it's rough.  But it was awesome!  If you're thinking about flipping your classroom, this would be an essential tool.  After all, you can only show so many Powerpoint or Keynote presentations before students' eyes gloss over.





Here is my second attempt.  This time I added a voice over to it.  Not sure why it cuts off at the 5:33 mark with about another minute left.  Perhaps it was an issue when exporting it.  Perhaps it's an issue with the free trial software.




Once I get the Pro version of Videoscribe, I should be able to export it to my own computer in .mov files.  I can also add video and my personal artwork and pictures from my files.  I've asked to use classroom or school funds to buy a yearlong subscription, but this is just too awesome not to buy on my own if I don't get approval for this!


No comments: