Monday, June 30, 2014

More of Summer 2014

Now that the Fourth of July is almost here, and there aren't too many days of summer actually left, I thought I'd post some pics of what we've been up to at the Reynolds' lately.



Two weeks ago we traveled to RLF for Unity Bank's customer appreciate cook out.  It didn't take long before Cash was out like a light.


Kenzie, though, was raring to go!


One afternoon when I picked Kenzie up from daycare, she was pretty excited that she could ride one of the smaller bikes there without training wheels.  She had been trying to ride her new bike from Grandma Gail without the training wheels, but she got too nervous whenever Kristie let go of her.  

So she wanted to try riding her old bike, minus the training wheels.

So we took them off, and, sure enough, she was riding like an expert.  Big rite of passage there.

Best of all, after a week of mastering her old bike, we just took off the training wheels on her new bike and - thanks to lowering her seat quite a bit - she now is riding that one too all over the driveway.




I spoiled the kids a bit and took them to the store. Kenzie wanted a pocket knife, so I got her a very, very small Swiss Army knife (don't worry Barb, there is a very small blade which she has been told to never take out. The rest is a small scissors, and finger nail file, as well as a tweezers and tooth pick).

Cash, as my son after all, decided he wanted Legos.  So I got him some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Legos.

When we got them put together, he said, "Look Dad! I'm a Master Builder!"  That's my boy!!


We spend a lot of time cuddling in the recliner.  This is one Saturday morning selfie.


Last Saturday we rounded up the Apple Dumpling Gang (Lance, Lon, Sara, and I) to ride once again as we went to see Transformers 4: Age of Extinction.


Then while Kristie was in Mentor for another Unity Bank customer appreciation cook out, I noticed our neighbor and her daughters in the street with a kitten.  I just thought that it was theirs and the kitten had just followed them on their walk.

I check again later, and there was no sign of the little guy.

Until the next day when Cash, Kenzie, and I were outside playing.

I heard a pitiful "meow" from across the street.  Then I looked up and saw this little kitten.  Kenzie called for her to come one over and the little took off bounding across the street, into our yard, and pretty much right into Kenzie's arms.

So we might have a new member of the family now.  Though Gail may end up taking her off of our hands.  Maybe.


This little girl, whom Kenz has named Noah, is sure getting the love.  She spent last night with KoKo and now she was all snuggled up with Kenz while she took a nap.  If Noah is able to get Kenz to take naps during the day, we're keeping her for sure!


No comments: