Monday, August 19, 2013

10 Questions To Help You Become A Better Teacher This School Year, Part 4

4.  Where did my best ideas come from?

Great question.  Some may say that none of my ideas would fit the adjective of "best"!

In all honesty, if I have any good ideas, they come as a result of one thing: collaboration.

Now by collaboration, I mean pretty much anything I come in contact with that I can steal and adapt to my classes.

This takes many forms: conversations in the hallway with colleagues, suggestions from students, podcasts, talks with my wife, workshops/PD, PLC or department meetings, links from Twitter, blog posts, and, of course, books and articles I read.

I am fortunate enough to have a very supportive - and inspiring - infrastructure at LHS that inspires me and pushes me to not only bring my A game every day but also to stretch myself and try new things.  Even if they fail.

No comments: