Thursday, March 07, 2013

Duluth

Wednesday marked our Robotics trip to Duluth for the FIRST competition.  It's been years since I've had to drive a van with students or players.  So it was a bit unnerving as I picked the monster van up from transportation and loaded the students up.

The drive to Duluth was a breeze.  The kids were not rambunctious and pretty mellow.  I didn't think much of it when Kyle asked to plug in his device (the van has two outlets up front for devices).

Then I looked above my left shoulder and saw that the students had a power supply system set up.

I asked Wyatt to grab my phone out of my bag and snap some pictures of their system.  Then I asked them to tally how many devices we had inside in the van.  Counting seven passengers (including me), we had 16 devices (Kindles, Smartphones, Pods, iPads, laptops, mp3 players, and various types of hand held game systems).



Here is the van's power system hooked up powering all the devices.  


Across from me here in Duluth is a robotics team.  Every kid with a laptop and a Smartphone.

These kids are always connected.  That's why kids say when they go to school, they have to power down.  No wonder.

No comments: