Monday, September 03, 2012

Open For Business

After too many hours to count, my room is finally ready for the first day of school. I couldn't imagine being in the shoes of the teachers who had to pack up their entire rooms last spring and then unpack everything and move in to totally remodeled rooms. I can barely just get all of my stuff out from storage in my room! I'm in deep trouble next spring. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

 As for now, I'm finally set to go. It took Kenz and I about five hours yesterday and just me about three hours today to get the room finally set.

 My syllabi are set. All the copies for my first block class are ready (despite the copier conveniently running out of staples). I just have to dig out the textbooks during my second block prep, and I'll be ready for the rest of the day.

 That's what's nice about second block prep: I can prepare for first block during the night and then get through first hour. Then during my second block prep, I can get set for the rest of the day. Here is the finished product (of course, I tinkered some when Cash and I stopped back and picked up a new stapler and hung up some new art pieces).




But nothing beats a room full of students!

No comments: