Sunday, June 03, 2012

First Weekend of Summer

My wife constantly amazes me.  This weekend it was her work ethic and her desire to make our yard (and house) beautiful.  We were initially just going to have the kids outside and enjoy the pleasant day.  However, Kristie took a trip to the store to get some supplies and came back with dirt, flowers, and then after another trip to a different store, yard ornaments!

She spent the bulk of her day working . . . as usual.  She is amazing.

Me?  I looked after the kids . . . and took a nap while she was at the store and then took another nap with Cash later in the afternoon.  What can I say?  I'm my father's son.

Kenzie and Cash certainly have inherited their mother's love for the outside.  The first question Kenz asked this morning was if she could go outside.  When I told her not yet, since it was just seven in the morning, she promptly asked if we could go outside later.

When I was a kid - after we moved to the farm - the outside only meant one thing (especially in the summer): work.  Thus, I wanted to avoid it at all costs.

I'm still that way.  Give me some good old air conditioning, my laptop, some books, and I'm set for the summer!

No comments: