Saturday, June 25, 2011

The "right" answer?

I got word last week that the ALC was facing a dilemma.  The MCA reading test is usually offered in late July.  However, since the MN government might shut down, that would leave us without a test to take.  There were two options: one, move the test date up to June 28th; two, hope the government doesn't just shut down and keep it scheduled for late July.  I guess the decision came down to me.  I opted to take the test early.  (If they all pass, we can then focus on reading for the joy of reading and not all of these 'reading skills' . . . but my hopes aren't high).

In light of all the high stakes testing mania I'm caught up in teaching the MCA Reading strategies class at the ALC, I got a good chuckle out of this picture a fellow teacher sent me.

Knowing of my disdain (to put it lightly) for high stakes testing, she thought this would put a smile on my face.  Boy was Bobbi right.

Gotta love the overachiever who opted for an original answer . . .

1 comment:

Me said...

This still makes me laugh. HAHA