Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some Interesting Reads

One thing I enjoy about the ALC is all the interesting articles Mary (the head of the ALC) sends me.

Here are a few interesting ones -

What spell check won't catch.

The Shrinking Middle Class.

Seven New Skills Every Worker Needs. This one will come in handy with my College Comp classes.

The Case Against Summer Vacation. This is from the new Time. Can't wait to use this one in class.

Character Connections: a Multigenre Approach to Studying Shakespeare. Need to be a member of NCTE for this one. But I'm adapting it to use with my novels paper in College Comp. This will segue well into our braided essay and later out multi-genre research paper in College Comp II.

Finally, the new English Journal is devoted to teaching argument, especially using the Toulmin Method. Lots of good stuff in there.

1 comment:

Me said...

We just read "The Case Against Summer Vacation"