Monday, December 21, 2009

More Grandma Gail

Since both Kristie and I are down with the flu, Gail drove up from Mayville to attend KoKo's Christmas concert tonight.

But that wasn't her only reason.



As you can see, she also took it upon herself to buy a whole array of treats for Christmas dinner. But she didn't stop there. She brought us ten pounds of potatos. She also had some bananas and Buttermilk so Kristie can make her famous banana bread. And, sure enough, she had five Pepsis in a paper bag. I knew we hadn't seen the last of those when we turned them down from Gail in her driveway last weekend.

She also had a chance to drop off her Christmas gifts since she will be in Colorado for Christmas.

That didn't stop her from doing some last minute shopping. In fact, when I did my last minute shopping on Saturday, Gail met me and tagged along.

She just had to get Kristie something extra, so we ran to Pier One Imports where she found a Mary and Joseph set that Kristie really liked.

Then she mentioned how she would then have to buy me another gift to even things out . . . That is how Gail giving nature works.

She mentioned too how one gift she bought for one of her kids was a little bit more than another's gift, so she'd have to get an extra gift to even things out.

That reminds me of a story I heard about Gail when - years ago - one of her son's brought over a girlfriend rather unexpectedly on Christmas.

Well, Gail felt bad that the girlfriend didn't have anything under the tree, so she quick ran back to her room, found a new bag of socks and was able to wrap them and sneak them under the tree!

If that isn't the Christmas spirit, I don't know what is!

1 comment:

Me said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm so glad Gail was there for KoKo!

She sounds like a great lady!