Thursday, December 31, 2009

Kenzie the Tech Geek

Believe it or not, we have another tech geek on our hands.

I should have known what was in store when I used to change Kenzie's diapers and hand her my old Razor cellphone to keep her occupied. One time she got to a screen and set of options that I never knew existed!

Then there were the remotes should would do the same with.

It was not long before she discovered the little blue power button on our desktop PC. If you weren't careful, you could be working away and then . . . zap . . . all gone and there would be Kenzie with a smirk on her face.

Lately she has found that same button on our DirecTV box.

Of course, Kenzie only wants to play with real, functioning electronics. She pays little heed to any of the old remotes and cell phones we have around here (and even less to the toy versions).

Now you should see Kenzie play with Kristie's new iPod Touch. She never misses a chance to crawl into my lap and pound away on the keyboard of my MacBook.

She has her own toy laptop, but she wants little to do with it (probably because it's a toy PC).

If you leave your phone laying around unattended, she will snatch it up and call someone. In fact, the other night she was playing around with one of our cordless phones and we heard a voice on the other end say, "If you are playing with the phone, please hang up now!"

Kristie and I both leaped for the phone and hit "end," fearing she had dialed 911!

Just this morning as I was grading papers at the table, she ventured into the family room where KoKo was sleeping. I figured this was no big deal since Kenzie has quite a few toys in there. However, two minutes later here comes Kenzie with KoKo's cellphone in her hand all ready to do some talking and texting.

Finally, I was able to wrestle it away from Kenzie - and that was no small feat. After grading some more papers, here comes Kenzie with KoKo's iPod Touch.

I should just give in and get Kenzie her own.

No comments: