Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Flu, Part II

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, right?

I seemed fully recovered from my first bout with the flu Monday afternoon. I took a nice long nap and was really feeling quite well.

I was looking forward to going back to school for the final day before Christmas break and finally ironing out all those questions I had been texted from my College Comp classes regarding their literary analysis.

All seemed well on Tuesday morning. I arrived and found that some students had snuck into my room and totally decorated it in frilly Christmas decorations. It was on par with what Connie did to the place for Halloween.

However, it was all downhill from there.

My stomach began tying itself into knots. I struggled though my prep, the recognition assembly, third block, lunch, and fourth block. Then as soon as I could get my homework together, I headed home. By then the aches and pains and a bit of fever had set in.

I bolted for home shortly after school. Then I hopped in bed and slept the afternoon away. When I awoke, I felt better. But only marginally so.

Here's hoping this flu bug bugs out soon.

No comments: