Friday, September 05, 2008

Volleyball Season

KoKo's team is 2-0 now. They thumped Crookston on Tuesday and Plummer today. KoKo has a new coach and it has made all the difference in the world. Her new coach enjoys working with kids and actually knows how to coach. It always amazes me how many coaches or teachers I come across who appear to really dislike what they're doing.

Since I see her every day, I don't really notice how much KoKo is changing. I couldn't believe that she is now one of the taller kids on her team. She is also losing some of that awkwardness of youth and really becoming a solid athlete. She has always been well built and strong. If you pick her up, she is solid - all muscle. It's nice to see that she is putting it together. Now if we can just get her to stop pouting and sulking whenever she messes up in a game.







No comments: