Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kenzie is spoiled

Haven't blogged in quite awhile. Kenzie has been demanding much of our time. Kristie's more than mine. But when I get home late from football, I only get so much time to hold her and coo to her before it's time for supper and bed. Unfortunately, Kenzie is much more active at night than she is during the day.

This has taken its toll on poor Kristie. I sleep like the dead. So since Kristie has to feed Kenzie, she is up most of the night. It seems like Kenzie sleeps for an hour and then feels the need to squirm and beller. I just hope that Kristie is able to get some rest during the mornings.

I am envious, though, of all the Kenzie time Kristie gets. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day than holding her. She going to be mommie's little girl.

The father-thing is new to me, so I'm learning as I go. I've made plenty of mistakes with our little girl.

I am, though, becoming pretty good at changing diapers.

But when she looks at me with those big blue eyes, my eyes swell with tears and my heart skips a beat. I am her dad. That's a responsibility! It's the best job in the world.

1 comment:

Me said...

I'm just so happy for you!